Friday, November 2, 2007

Blog #9 week ending Nov 5, 2007

Entry #1

It is getting towards the end of the semester and we are beginning to wrap things up in TSTM 544. On Tuesday Dr. Keane told us a number of the remaining classes are going to be labs so that we can focus on our design project due at the end of the semester. We are to decide what we would like to do during class time and what we would like to do out of class time. I feel neutral about this idea. I like the idea of having class time to get assignments done. However, I also like to do work at home or at my job if I have down time. It is always nice to be able to decide where you want to do something I just don’t want to be penalized i.e. occur absences because I feel I didn’t need to go to class. The only problem I have with this class is that there is a lot of downtime. I either like to do these on my own time, i.e. at home or at work, or during class, but it doesn’t take 1hour and 15 minutes to complete the task. Sometimes we are not allowed to leave early and I feel that then time is wasted. I think if there are days when nothing is scheduled that we can make the decision to stay or leave.

Entry #2

Things are wrapping up on both our Wiki project and design project. It is the last two weeks of our Wiki project and things didn’t quite go as I had planned for my topic. I didn’t get as much of a discussion going as I would have liked. I think this is because my topic was a little harder to understand than others. I didn’t get some feedback from my post, but not as much as others to carry on a good discussion.
As with the Wiki project, the design project is moving on smoothly. We are finishing up the drafts of our modules and soon will begin to make our videos and post things to our website. My modules are almost done; I just have to add some challenges for the learner. I’m not sure how I am going to do the challenges. I will have to look at the GCF website to get an idea of what the learners can do to better understand the program. I can’t wait to see what everything will look like when we are done.

No comments: